Find a Pro in Yakima, Washington
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a good time for roof replacements, it can be a challenge to book time with a professional. This is why winter could be an easier time for an appointment.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacement services. While the weather can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so important is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a strong, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is content with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Washington // Yakima
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Yakima, Washington
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing maintenance services easy in Yakima, Washington. Our user-friendly platform gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the hiring process by giving you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance company here on Thumbtack and find the best candidate for your project.
Our platform also puts together useful data to help you before you start browsing through our network of qualified roofing professionals.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? Aside from having leaks or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a roofer. Regular repair services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
It's unnecessary to put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many professional roofers available to assist. With our streamlined platform, you can find the best roofing maintenance services in Yakima, Washington. Find the right contractor for your property today.