Find a Pro in Ballard, West Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a common time for roof replacements, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This means that winter could be a better time to call a contractor.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with the heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacements. While there's a chance it can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so important is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your house. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Since it’s such an important component of your property, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // West Virginia // Ballard
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Ballard, West Virginia
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you find roofing maintenance contractors in Ballard, West Virginia. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, get an estimate, and more all from one convenient app.
Our app also compiles a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our database of qualified roofing contractors.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? Apart from having leaks or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient option to find the right contractors for roofing maintenance services. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier through our platform.