Find a Pro in Beckley, West Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather report in Beckley, West Virginia. Poor weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this will push out the timeline. If a storm is supposed to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential spaces and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are several factors that will determine the total cost. Commonly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the products used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // West Virginia // Beckley
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Beckley, West Virginia
If you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Beckley, West Virginia, then our platform is the answer. The roofing experts featured on Thumbtack have the knowledge and qualifications you need for the job at hand. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and lets you prolong the life of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs immediate attention. An established roof repair company can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a hassle-free way to hire the best professionals for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is made easier through our platform.