Find a Pro in Bluefield, West Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors involved. The typical roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather report in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to extend the timeline. If a storm is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the possibility of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with precise amount on how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are several factors that will establish the overall cost. Usually, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials being used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // West Virginia // Bluefield
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Bluefield, WV
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Bluefield, WV. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, book an appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Routine appointments can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need a licensed, roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to serious problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a hassle-free solution to hire the right companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined with our app.