Find a Pro in Carolina, West Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to think about. The average roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a damper on work and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential properties and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to know exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are a few things that will determine the overall cost. Commonly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the materials being used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // West Virginia // Carolina
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Carolina, WV
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Carolina, WV. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, get an estimate, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
It's important to have a roof you can rely on for your house throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you prolong the life of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs at once if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause serious issues. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if they need to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a hassle-free way to find the best contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier with our app.