Find a Pro in Covel, West Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather report in Covel, West Virginia. Storms will put a damper on work and this is going to extend the timeline. If a storm is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential properties and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with precise amount on how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are several factors that will determine the overall cost. Mostly, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the materials used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // West Virginia // Covel
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Covel, West Virginia
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Covel, West Virginia. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, get a quote, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our platform also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our database of vetted roofing professionals.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing maintenance contractor, but here are some other things to consider about your roof:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to worse problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
No one should put up with a run-down roof when there are so many qualified roofers available to assist. With our easy-to-use platform, you can get quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Covel, West Virginia. Find the right contractor for your property right away.