Find a Pro in Davis, West Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this will push out the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are a few factors that will determine the overall cost. Usually, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the products used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // West Virginia // Davis
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Davis, WV
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Davis, WV. Our user-friendly site is easy to navigate, so you can look through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the hiring process by giving you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the best candidate for your project.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can count on throughout any season. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but listed below are some other aspects to take into account:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires to be attended to. A roofing repair company can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if they need to be replaced. If you notice some of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
No one should deal with a damaged roof when there are so many qualified contractors ready to assist. With our powerful app, you can find the finest roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Davis, WV. Get the roofing services you need for your property now.