Find a Pro in Glen Dale, West Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a good time for a replacement, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This is why waiting later in the year could be a more convenient time to schedule.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacements. While there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so essential is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for the rest of your property. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Because it’s such an important component of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient property. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // West Virginia // Glen Dale
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Glen Dale, WV
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Glen Dale, WV. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, book a service appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required so that their property remains in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Apart from leakage or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious problem and requires immediate attention. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
No one should put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many professional roofers available to assist. With our easy-to-use platform, you can get the finest roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Glen Dale, WV. Get the roofing maintenance services you need for your property today.