Find a Pro in Hanover, West Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential spaces and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a great time for these services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This means that waiting until winter could be a more convenient time to schedule.
Many roofing contractors have more down time during the winter, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacements. Even though the weather can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so fundamental for you is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for the rest of your property. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, you could get leaks in your home, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Since it’s such an essential part of your home, a well-maintained roof shows a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, durable roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // West Virginia // Hanover
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Hanover, West Virginia
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing maintenance professionals in Hanover, West Virginia. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, schedule a service appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
It's important to have a roof you can count on for your house throughout any season. For a safe house with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but listed below are some other aspects to take into account:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause worse problems. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
It's unnecessary to put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many qualified roofers available to help. With our user-friendly app, you can get the best roofing maintenance services in Hanover, West Virginia. Find the right contractor for your property right away.