Find a Pro in Hiawatha, West Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential properties and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what season it is, you can call a contractor for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a good time for roof replacements, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This is why winter could be a more convenient time to schedule.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with the heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacements. Even though the weather can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire house. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Since it’s such an essential part of your property, a roof in good condition illustrates a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a solid, steady roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient property. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // West Virginia // Hiawatha
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Hiawatha, West Virginia
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Hiawatha, West Virginia. Our user-friendly site gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the vetting process by providing you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the best professional for your project.
Our site also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our database of vetted roofing contractors.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing maintenance professional, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Routine maintenance services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Hire a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.