Find a Pro in Horner, West Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so important is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a roof in good condition shows a reliable property. If you were to sell, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, steady roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient property. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The average roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in Horner, WV. Poor weather will put a halt on work and this is going to delay the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // West Virginia // Horner
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Horner, WV
You can depend on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Horner, WV. Our streamlined platform gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the hiring process by providing you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the right professional for the job.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed so that their property remains in a favorable condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing maintenance company, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to worse problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
No one should put up with a damaged roof when there are so many licensed contractors ready to assist. With our streamlined app, you can find the finest roofing maintenance services in Horner, WV. Get the premium roofing maintenance services you need for your property now.