Find a Pro in Keyser, West Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for the rest of your house. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other things to consider. The average roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Keyser, West Virginia. Storms will put a stop to work and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential spaces and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // West Virginia // Keyser
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Keyser, West Virginia
When you need to hire a roofing maintenance company in Keyser, West Virginia, there's no better way to find them. The roofing experts featured on Thumbtack have the skills and experience you’re looking for. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get total satisfaction on your roofing maintenance.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause worse issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with an easy solution to hire the best contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is made easier through our platform.