Find a Pro in Lerona, West Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this can really stall the job. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential properties and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with precise amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are a few things that will establish the overall cost. Typically, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // West Virginia // Lerona
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Lerona, West Virginia
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Lerona, West Virginia. Our streamlined app is easy to navigate, so you can search through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the hiring process by giving you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance company here on Thumbtack and find the best professional for the job.
Our app also puts together useful data to help you before you start browsing through our network of qualified roofing companies.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but listed below are some other things to take into account:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs to be attended to. An established roof repair company can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a professional. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance an easy process. When you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.