Find a Pro in Linn, West Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also many other things involved. The average roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will put a damper on work and this can really postpone the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to pinpoint exactly how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are a few things that will influence the overall cost. Commonly, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // West Virginia // Linn
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Linn, WV
When you need to hire a roofing maintenance company in Linn, WV, there's no better way to find them. The roofing companies you'll discover on our site have the knowledge and experience you need for your project. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Our site also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our network of vetted roofing contractors.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs at once if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause serious problems. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.