Find a Pro in Point Pleasant, West Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also many other things to think about. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather forecast in Point Pleasant, West Virginia. Storms will make working conditions awful and this can really delay the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are a few things that will influence the overall cost. Commonly, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the products used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // West Virginia // Point Pleasant
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Point Pleasant, West Virginia
If you need to hire a roofing maintenance company in Point Pleasant, West Virginia, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing companies you'll discover on Thumbtack have the knowledge and experience you need for your project. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get total satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? Aside from having leaks or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention at once. A roofing repair company can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you notice a few of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient option to find the best contractors for roofing maintenance services. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is made easier through our platform.