Find a Pro in Princeton, West Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The typical roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in Princeton, West Virginia. Storms will put a stop to work and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with precise amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are several factors that will determine the total cost. Usually, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // West Virginia // Princeton
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Princeton, West Virginia
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you connect with roofing maintenance professionals in Princeton, West Virginia. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company want to hire, get a quote, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our platform also puts together useful data to help you before you start browsing through our network of qualified roofing contractors.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but listed below are some other things to take into account:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious issue and needs to be attended to. A roofing repair company can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
It's unnecessary to put up with a damaged roof when there are so many professional roofers available to assist. With our user-friendly app, you can get quality roofing maintenance services in Princeton, West Virginia. Find the right contractor for your home now.