Find a Pro in Springfield, West Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a good time for roof replacements, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This means that waiting until winter could be a better time for services.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could be putting up with more severe weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacement services. While the weather can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for the rest of your house. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Since it’s such an essential part of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // West Virginia // Springfield
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Springfield, West Virginia
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you find roofing maintenance contractors in Springfield, West Virginia. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing repair company you’re interested in, book an appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed so that their property remains in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the life of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get a professional, roofing maintenance company to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical problem and requires to be attended to. An established roof repair company can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Regular repair services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
No one should put up with a damaged roof when there are so many qualified roofers ready to help. With our easy-to-use platform, you can get quality roofing maintenance services in Springfield, West Virginia. Find the perfect contractor for your home now.