Find a Pro in Saint Stephens, Wyoming
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for your entire property. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, you could experience leaks in your home, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a roof in good condition shows a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a strong, stable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things to think about. The typical roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this can really postpone the project. If bad weather is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the probability of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential properties and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Wyoming // Saint Stephens
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Saint Stephens, Wyoming
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing maintenance services more convenient in Saint Stephens, Wyoming. Our streamlined site gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the vetting process by giving you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance company here on Thumbtack and find the best professional for the job.
Our site also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our network of licensed roofing companies.
Routine appointments can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get professional, roofing maintenance services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing maintenance an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.