Find a Pro in Shirley Basin, Wyoming
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so fundamental for you is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for the rest of your house. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could have some leaks in your home, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors involved. The average roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather report in Shirley Basin, WY. Bad weather will make working conditions terrible and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the probability of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Wyoming // Shirley Basin
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Shirley Basin, WY
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Shirley Basin, WY. Our user-friendly site is easy to navigate, so you can search through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the hiring process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing information, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company on the app and find the best candidate for your project.
Our site also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our network of qualified roofing professionals.
For the most part you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Hire a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy process. When you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.